Squirrels here at UW are a whole new breed. They are not only evil and rabid, but also disturbingly intelligent. The following are some experiences i have had with squirrels since attending the university:
1. A particularly energetic squirrel leaped out of the garbage can at me while i attempted to throw away a gum wrapper
2. Several squirrels swarmed me as i was walking down a forrested path, this instance was quite scary as the squirrels outnumbered me about 20 to 1.
3. I witnessed a squirrel pick up a nut, shake it, listen to it, tap it, and then begin to eat it
4. A couple squirrels threatened a crow in order to steal their garbage
5. And finally (im pretty angsty about this one), a squirrel dropped a very heavy acorn on my head. Yes, i was standing under a tree branch, but that does not make this excusable.
moral of the story: the psych department is doing chemical tests on squirrels and making them smarter. thats the only explanation i can think of. im open to hearing other theories…